Sunday, June 16, 2013

Mi Padre es mi vida.

Every time I have ever tried to write about my father I always get the feeling that no words can express the man that he is. But today is Father's Day and I thought I would try my best. I remember all of the simple things he would do when we were kids. He would give us nosies(put our whole nose in his mouth and suck, I know sounds disgusting...it was!) and fill our sippy cups with coffee. He would take us to Home Depot and let us collect all of the paint swatches we could hold, and then take us home for some arts and crafts. We would get so excited to sit around the table while our conversations were filled with word games. He would always test our knowledge and make sure we caught him when he fed us false information. He always made sure we had the things we needed and more. These simple acts were combined with sacrifice, struggle and his consistent love he effortlessly showed. I could always tell that the love he has for us is a reflex, he never thinks twice about putting us first.

My father has always been an amazing man, but unlike most individuals he has continued to improve himself. A few years ago, my father flew to Colorado to help move me back to Ohio (the first time). This trip was the start of his "Phase 2" philosophy. We had the most amazing road trip (which I will write a separate post about). His new philosophy was about spreading positivity and diverting negativity, accepting all types of individuals and listening to their stories, living a healthy lifestyle and centering his life around his family. I thought to myself, if my father is still able to work on himself and strive to be a better man at the age of fifty, than I can do the same. He said so wisely that "the sunshine will follow those who look for the good in others, and others will follow the sunshine that found the good in them." He has inspired me to be a better person, he has instilled a strong work ethic in all of his children, he has taught us to love unconditionally and he has given us the groundwork to seize all opportunities. Seriously! What a guy.

I love you, padre. I will continue to improve myself as a person. I will work hard and love even harder. I hope to repay you for all of your dedication by being the best person I can be. You are an amazing man, and I am so so so lucky.

 photo 14a4d0e1-cdae-4f00-be71-86aa2fc821f0.jpg photo 5b69b996-58c6-45ac-a917-1e7b3746382f.jpg
 photo afc81b5c-337e-459c-8e44-48a187203e19.jpg
 photo cd15a96f-1a19-448e-938a-d764b02190e3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment